Community Development Secures Housing Grant!November 5th, 2019 by Elizabeth Rouse
The City was successful in its application for California Department of Housing and Community Development’s (HCD) SB 2 grant funds! This grant provides funding and technical assistance to local governments in California to help cities and counties prepare, adopt, and implement plans and process improvements that streamline housing approvals and accelerate housing production.
A portion of the funding will be used to establish a permit ready accessory dwelling unit (ADU) program that is envisioned to encourage the construction of ADUs by offering property owners a selection of pre-approved ADU building plans that will reduce the baseline cost for homeowners by $20,000-$30,000.
Funding helps cities and counties:
- Accelerate housing production
- Streamline the approval of housing development affordable to owner and renter households at all income levels
- Facilitate housing affordability, particularly for lower- and moderate-income households
- Promote development consistent with the State Planning Priorities (Government Code Section 65041.1)
- Ensure geographic equity in the distribution and expenditure of the funds
Learn more about about HCD here.
– City of Temecula
- COLDWELL BANKER COMMERCIAL NATIONAL REAL ESTATE OUTLOOK 2021: OPPORTUNITIES EMERGE IN OFFICE & MOB AS PANDEMIC, TECHNOLOGY SHIFT MODELS – PART THREE
- Well Known Developer Closes on Largest Land Transaction in Size within Riverside County
- CBC – SC Has Promoted Eric Washle to Senior Associate
- FOR LEASE! ±2,100 SF Professional Office Space in Temecula, CA.
- CBC Ranked as a Top 20 Firm for 2020!